View Single Post
Old 28th October 2020, 18:23   #60467  |  Link
Greenhorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordX2 View Post
First, thank you so much for all the help these last few days - it really helped a ton with some of the other issues I had!

I know why the frame has to drop - just wish that dropped frame could be one of the ones presented in advance, so I didn't see it on screen.

What about resampling the video itself then to match the audio? Maybe that is what the MPV line does (video-sync=display-refresh)... who knows, I am not a programmer.

With how much processing madvr does to the video, adjusting the timing of it seems like it would avoid having to mess with refreshes so much for people who are really close.
IIRC display resample:

1) adjusts video playback speed up to 1% to get an even/no-remainder divisor of your refresh rate, if it's possible

2) resamples audio to match, as best it can

3) periodically resamples audio a further 1% (of the 1%, I think-- total 1.01%) to try and adjust for clock drift

although it seemed kinda fragile when I was trying to migrate my HTPC setup over to mpv for a bit. Would routinely get 3-5 dropped frames to per hour despite all other stats (at least as measured by mpv) being perfect. Would be nice to have a similar feature in madVR, but I don't know if it'd really be possible outside of a monolithic software architecture like mpv has.

Last edited by Greenhorn; 28th October 2020 at 18:26.
Greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote