View Single Post
Old 25th September 2015, 17:27   #1  |  Link
Lebowsky

Bluray framerates (in regard to deinterlacing/ivtc)

I was not quite sure where to post this, but avisynth seemed to be the most appropriate subforum since this is mostly about applying ivtc/deinterlacing. If not, sorry, feel free to move it.

I am rather new to bluray and am trying to figure a couple things out. Back then, with dvd, you had PAL at 25fps and NTSC at 23.976/29.90. I've done my share of ripping encoding, and the source material affected the process a lot, especially for concerts and music videos. Natively NTSC-shot material on a PAL disc hat to be deinterlaced, and vice-vera. NTSC-shot material on a NTSC disc could be ivtcd.

Now, since I'm new to bluray, I don't own many discs, but I wanted to check out the ones I had. I pulled a movie (european region 2 of Videodrome), but it is telecined! Is there no more conversion to 25fps for european systems? Or does the home bluray player speed up the movie to 25fps itself? Or is this a one-off case? I Was really expecting it would be a 25fps movie that I'd have to deinterlace. Or am I nuts?
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote