View Single Post
Old 17th February 2009, 13:45   #1  |  Link
trodas
WinXP SP3 suxx :-/

Media Player Classic crashing (all versions)

I have weird problem. In one of my older recapped computers (JetWay V266B http://capsmod.net/forum/viewthread.php?tid=69 ) I having weird problems with Media Player Classic. It keep crashing on start, even when I deleted the *.ini file with prefs. Even different versions, including the latest. Version 6.4.7.5 (Unicode) - because of the bink support:

Or the version 6.4.9.0:

I tried recently even the latest betaversion with the very same result...

The machine using AXP 2800+ Barton CPU, it is 100% Prime CPU/RAM/PWM tested stable and does not crash at all. Not even overclocked much higher that I run it day by day.
Using Windows 2000 SP4 Czech with FFDshow installed (ffdshow_20071119.exe) and also with WMF9_dist.exe installed.

Tried regsvr32 quartz.dll to make GSpot happy to did not complain, tough no change with the Media Player Classic problem. Using BSplayer w/o troubles - except for mpeg1 video, but that it likely not related problem.
SSE enabled in the BIOS on the AXP CPU. No idea what went FUBAR. Any suggestions where to look?