View Single Post
Old 14th August 2015, 16:37   #542  |  Link
thahandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0lZ View Post
@thahandy

Yes, BD3D2MK3D include the audio and subtitle streams in the calculation, as well as the muxing overhead. I have changed already slightly the calculation, because someone else has reported that it was off, and the last tries I did were perfect. So I don't know how you obtain a wrong file size. I'll check again. Perhaps it happens when the audio streams are converted to AC3 or AAC?
Tbh. I didn't encode with that value, as it was a bit high acording the calculator and calculated the size

I've let it run again it its tells 11485Kbit @ 161min. With 2080MBytes to add I get ~15900MBytes calculated (14.8GByte)
So i guess you're using byte (2^) instead bytes?! Which clears a lot of things. Bytes is the thing I'm after!

10.5Mbit + DTSHD-MA +SUBs -> 13,6 GB (14.674.780.160 bytes)
10,8Mbit + DTSHD-MA +Subs -> 13,8 GB (14.845.025.940 bytes) (target 14305MB)
11.1Mbit + DTSHD-MA +SUBs -> 14,3 GB (15.408.095.232 bytes)
11.4Mbit + DTSHD-MA +SUBs -> 14.8 GB (15.900.000.000 bytes) (estimated by BD3D2MK3D)

Quote:
The encoding settings are included in the tags.xml file (as well as the tags defined by the user in tab 3).
thank you!!!!
Quote:
The fact that the subtitles are placed at different positions in some 3DBDs is intentional.

[...]

So, you are lucky if your 3DBD has subtitles in different positions. The author did a great work! It's usually much better than the subtitles in the bottom center, even if they are placed in front of the foremost objects. And of course, I have no intention to create another tool to destroy the correct 3D positions!
Now u mention it it makes sens Thanks for this extended explanation.
All the non-naive languages (dutch) are subtitled by default on TV and Disk as long I can remember and seems we're used to look down for text. The funny thing is when it ran in the cinema, the subtitles where at the bottom center like we used to and this BD is the first the subtitles are placed where we're looking as you mentioned.
(note that our subtitles are simplified of whats actually being said. Otherwise you're only reading the whole movie. Sadly not everyone sticking to this "rule")
Quote:
Perhaps it's possible with BDSup2Sub, but I don't think so. IMO, the easiest way to do what you want would be to convert the original SUP to SRT (with SupRip), and then re-create a SUP file from the SRT (with SubtitleEdit). But again, I do not recommend to do that!
I can only fix horizontal to center, vertical it seems to refuse to fix(to all subs). I assume vertical is the easy things to fix, as it has only one offset from top.

Guess I'll just leave the subtitle it is, as it's just one movie. Thanks for the input!

Last edited by thahandy; 15th August 2015 at 14:01.