View Single Post
Old 17th May 2023, 08:09   #31504  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVideo View Post
OK, you were getting 20 fps results from 25 fps because you were doing IVTC to the video. 25 fps video doesn't have 2:3 pulldown, ever. The TFM().TDecimate() line needs to go away.
Oh wow, really...? Heh... I must've misunderstood what Sharc suggested I do then. How strange... I thought the IVTC was what was helping with all that combing and stuff.

I have a lot to learn... Well, it will be interesting to remove those lines and see how it looks. Thanks mate!

***EDIT

Yep, you are right! (Wow, twice in a row! )

The resulting frame rate is now 25. The video doesn't really look that different in motion for that first minute or so. I tried going back and forth between the encode with the IVTC and without and I couldn't see any difference other than changing the frame rate according to MediaInfo.

Well hmmm... I'll still need to see what I can do though to reduce that ghosting and combing. I have NO bloody idea what the parameters of the TComb line are doing, I just pasted an example script. So, should I change those values, will that help with the combing and stuff? Is there another plugin/script I should try to reduce that, because if I can get rid of more of that that would help. Just softening it though seems to have helped with that. I remember one encode where I had both the TemporalSoften and the Denoise cranked up, and it looked REALLY smooth and clean, but almost no detail

What to do... Well, at least my different plugins are mostly working now.

Last edited by Lathe; 17th May 2023 at 08:26.
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote