View Single Post
Old 5th September 2019, 01:07   #13  |  Link
manolito

You guys made me curious so I did some tests comparing s_ExLogo to the old LogoAway plugin by Krzysztof Wojdon. I did not test InpaintDelogo for several reasons (too complicated, I hate plugins with dozens of params, have to select frames and create masks manually, requires AVS+, no option for logos over black borders). Here are the results:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/8nvhi6

For s_ExLogo I used the default parameters, for LogoAway the UGLARM method was used with the blur slider set to max (all the way to the right).

LogoAway also has a much faster XYBlur mode which creates results very similar to s_ExLogo. But UGLARM does look so much better in almost every situation that I have been using this mode exclusively over the last couple of years.

Now I would like to challenge VooDooFX if his script can create a better looking result. My requirements are pretty simple:

1. Just 1 mode for opaque logos. I do not care for semi-transparent logos.
2. No manual mask creation. All I want to provide to the plugin are the logo coordinates.
3. I do not mind if the logo area gets blurred strongly. All I want is that my attention is not taken away from the movie itself, so the delogo'd area should be as unobtrusive as possible, mainly I hate when this area shows strong flickering.
4. Easy to use and reasonably fast.

Tough challenge, I know. For now I will stick with LogoAway, s_ExLogo is no serious contender IMO.

Cheers
manolito

Last edited by manolito; 5th September 2019 at 14:19.
manolito is offline   Reply With Quote