View Single Post
Old 13th May 2018, 22:49   #50826  |  Link
brazen1

I upgraded to the latest driver a few days ago. This morning I tried custom mode setup as I've succeeded doing in the past with older drivers and failed. I tried Warners guide which is slightly different than how I normally did it in the past and still failed. All is well until I get to the pop up that says to play a video for half an hour and then return to madVR and press 'optimize' again. After playing a video I select 'optimize' again and it just returns me to the define timing parameters window again as if I didn't play a video to be analyzed. No new timing modes are added. Just the few originals. Selecting 'optimize' after playing a video pops up to play a video. After 4 attempts, I gave up. Also noticed MPC players start paused and simply deleting custom timing mode stuck awaiting analyzing didn't correct. Had to reinstall driver and video starts in play mode as it should. I also noticed when using DVDFab Player (nothing to do with madVR) HDR engages but the video crawls. Reinstalling the nvidia driver cured this too. Both were fine before messing with custom mode for 2160p 23Hz. I don't doubt it works for others, I just can't get it to cooperate.

Last edited by brazen1; 13th May 2018 at 22:54.
brazen1 is offline   Reply With Quote