View Single Post
Old 24th June 2018, 21:31   #6285  |  Link
hello_hello

It still seems to me that MeGUI is failing to copy Avisynth.dll to the MeGUI folder when Avisynth 2.6 is installed, for some inexplicable reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathor View Post
Did the "force" version work or not? It does not do the steps with the system avisynth. Could you post a log of that?
Yes it did. The log file really only says the same as I did in my earlier post, but here it is:

Quote:
[Information] AviSynth Information
-[Information] AviSynth Wrapper
--[Information] Version: 1.0.2847.0
--[Information] Date: 06-05-2018
--[Information] Interface: 3
-[Information] AviSynth
--[Information] AviSynth Status: not installed
-[Information] AviSynth portable
--[Information] File Version: 0.1
--[Information] File Date: 28-03-2018
--[Information] File Name: AviSynth+ 0.1 (r2664, MT, i386)
--[Information] File Path: c:\megui\avisynth.dll
--[Information] AviSynth Version: AviSynth+ 0.1 (r2664, MT, i386)
--[Information] AviSynth+: true
--[Information] AviSynth MT: true
--[Information] AviSynth Status: active
Quote:
What happens if you copy the tools\avs avisynth.dll and devil.dll to e.g. x264 folder and start the encode? Is it then using it?
"Fix" deletes them from the x264 folder when it runs, but if I start "fix" and then manually copy the dlls to the x264 folder, it previews scripts with Avisynth 2.6 and encodes them with Avisynth+.

For "Force" it's the other way round. If I run "force" and then delete Avisynth.dll and devil.dll from the x264 folder, MeGUI still previews scripts using Avisynth+ but it encodes them with Avisynth 2.6.

Quote:
EDIT: the avisynth.dll in an encoder folder cannot be influenced at all by MeGUI. So either it does work or not. During program start I can do a few changes for the detection and usage e.g. in AVS Creator, but not for the encoders. There the encoder has to call the proper dllbased on the search rules. Therefore it would be good to know e.g. when you run the x264.exe (without MeGUI) on a command line if the avisynth.dll in that folder will be used or not.
With the dlls in the x264 folder, I used the same command line as MeGUI via a command prompt and the script encoded successfully with Avisynth+.

"C:\MeGUI\tools\x264\x264.exe" --keyint 240 --sar 1:1 --frames 240 --output "D:\version.mkv" "D:\version.avs"

Full disclosure: Each time I started an encode via the command line I had to dismiss the following message before the encode would start, but it always ran successfully. I have seen the same message on a few occasions when starting MeGUI (I'm pretty sure it pops up as an MeGUI.exe message and not an x264 message), but it only happens occasionally. I've never seen the error when starting an encode with MeGUI or mention of it in the log file. The same error popped up when encoding via the command line with both Avisynth 2.6 and Avisynth+.

Cheers.

PS After all that testing, the error message popped up just now when I restarted MeGUI. It looks like this:

Last edited by hello_hello; 24th June 2018 at 22:02.
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote