View Single Post
Old 16th April 2011, 13:59   #1  |  Link
Starbuck2010
DVDx 4 Author

DVDx 4.0 first public release (FFmpeg/MEncoder)

I'm very excited at publishing the very first public release of DVDx 4!

DVDx 4.0 is free and open-source, targeting Windows, Mac OS X and Linux, today I've published a Windows release fully functionnal, for free download from SourceForge (and VideoHelp, Doom9 further, etc...):

Download DVDx 4.0 for Windows

DVDx 4.0 is fueled by MEncoder and FFmpeg.

DVDx 4.0 is an audio/video encoder as well as a powerful DVD copier. You can read DVDs and quiet any audio or video files and encode them to quiet any popular video formats: VCD/CVD/SVCD/DVD, Xvid/Divx, MPEG-4, H.264, AVC, QuickTime, Flash Video, Ogg, WebM, AC.3, WAV, MP3, MP4/AAC, Lossless Audio,
PCM, Vorbis etc.

DVDx 4.0 is very easy to use: open a DVD or file in the player, play it with audio/subtitle of your choice ; encode a short preview in a few seconds and play it to ensure it's what you expect, and then start the whole encoding job which can take about one hour but you're quiet sure to get a very good result!

DVDx 4.0 makes all good choices for you: popular video and audio codecs and appropiate settings (for fair quality, high quality or smaller size files) but you can tune the encoder with your own preferred settings.

Release 4.0.0.0 is the very first public release, don't spend too much time if you don't succeed in running it, I'll publish a new release very soon.

Nevertheless, your feedback will be appreciated on this forum.
Attached Images