View Single Post
Old 25th March 2019, 23:51   #1544  |  Link
konikpolny

swapping views

Hi r0lZ,
I also had a problem with the swapped views. BD3D2MK3D created __ENCODE_3D_MOVIE.avs with this info and swapped the streams as
Code:
# Current base view: right eye!
# The views are inverted: AVC stream = right view, MVC stream = left view.
right = SelectEven(interleaved)
left  = SelectOdd(interleaved)
# Build Side-by-Side stream
StackHorizontal(Left, Right)
However this setting for me output identical 2 views - there is no 3D, the left and right views have exactly the same image/frame.

Now, I made a few quick tests (upto some limited number of frames from the start) and manually changed the above settings - but whatever config i tried the best I could get was an inverted 3D view, which obviously is still better than no 3D

1a)
left = SelectEven(interleaved)
right = SelectOdd(interleaved)
= inverted 3D

1b)
left = SelectEven(interleaved)
right = SelectOdd(interleaved)
StackHorizontal(Right, Left)
= no 3D, 1 duplicated VIEW!

2a)
left = SelectOdd(interleaved)
StackHorizontal(Right, Left)
= inverted 3D

2b) #(original BD3D2MK3D setting)
left = SelectOdd(interleaved)
= no 3D, 1 duplicated VIEW!

Could you please check if everything's correct as far as BD3D2MK3D is concerned. The same ONE duplicated view seems like the setting is wrong, and the StackHorizontal() pair should be inverted also. What I don't understand is why I cannot get the right base view as the 1st left view.

On my final note I can add that with the PotPlayer I can change the filename to tell it how to read the 3D and force the proper view order. If i append to the filename " 3D-rl.mk3d" the views are swapped and no additional change on the device (projector,TV) would be necessary. Still, as Syrist says
Quote:
it would be nice to have the left-right eyes swapped to save that extra step in the player.
I would also very much like to ensure that my movie is properly encoded.

Last edited by konikpolny; 26th March 2019 at 00:14.