View Single Post
Old 30th September 2019, 17:50   #3  |  Link
candela

Quote:
Originally Posted by maetel99 View Post
This is a very interesting post. I'm curious about the cached BD+ tables you posted. Is this archive really comprehensive?
It's difficult to say for certain. Out of 5051 known BD+ discs this archive provides tables for at least 4811 so that's ~95%. There's almost 100.000 discs in KEYDB.cfg now but that's probably only 50-60% of existing discs. However, BD+ is only used by Fox on high profile titles so I guess most of those titles are already in KEYDB.cfg. And the titles that are not in KEYDB.cfg likely use an MK for which a table is available. So support for 90-95% of BD+ titles is probably a good estimation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maetel99
If so, then there really is no longer a need for libbdplus, vm0, and all that.
It's still needed for menu support for those early BD+ generations that are supported.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maetel99
You could just locate the correct decrypted BD+ table for the disc, parse it, and deliver the patches directly in response to requests for particular sectors of data. That code is pretty simple and could be incorporated directly into libaacs.
While possible, that doesn't seem a good idea to me and probably requires changes in libbluray to disable libbdplus. This patch is just a quick hack to use existing libbdplus functions without interfering with the things that do work

And I still hope the libbdplus implementation will be improved at some point in time
candela is offline   Reply With Quote