View Single Post
Old 11th March 2023, 06:52   #634  |  Link
MCKitch

Thanks Grimsdyke for posting the link to old versions of Passkey. I downloaded 9452 and successfully installed over the current version (9454).

As a first-time poster I'd also very much like to thank nalor for providing FindVUK and ongoing support for it. It's worked very well for me and I'm most grateful.

Now to the purpose of this post. I've run into an issue with the four "Star Trek: Discovery: Season 3" discs. (It also occurs with the season 2 discs and, if memory serves, the season 1 discs as well.) FindVUK appears to do its job correctly, finding the keys, adding them to the KEYDB.cfg file and uploading it to the database. On playing any of the BDs through VLC, the CBS logo sequence plays OK but beyond that no menu is displayed and navigation keys won't function! Disabling menus in VLC allows the main program (episodes) to play so you can at least watch the episodes but other content, accessible (only?) through the BD menu, are not available. I've tried both the physical discs and 'ripped' (using Passkey) ISO files with the same experience.

Now I just happen to have an old Sony BD player which I really only use for 'ripping' SACDs to DSF files. For the hell of it, I tried playing the Discovery discs through this Sony player and, you guessed it, they play - with menus!

My guess is there's some form of encryption applied to the BDs' menus but I don't have a sufficient working knowledge to fully explain it. Most other BDs work fine. Can anyone explain what's going on here?
MCKitch is offline   Reply With Quote