View Single Post
Old 21st January 2011, 19:30   #1  |  Link
OvejaNegra
ekTOMBE STUDIOS

create 120 fps video -> dealing with vfr + interlaced

Let's say i have a vfr video with 29fps progressive sections, 29.97fps interlaced sections and 23.97fps pulldown sections.

Usually on animes i have interlaced credits, spliting the episode from the credits and procesing each part with tivtc and a good bober and merging again on mkv with edited time codes is not a big deal. But sometimes i find sources with many interlaced parts like 29.97i fades, pans, or wierd fx like smoke or particles or light that was created with CG and overlayed on the static scenes of the episode. Those sections look more fluid with a bob filter.

Using a solution like this one is not possible becase of the many interlaced sections ramdonly placed on the clip:
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...create+120+fps

Any solution to automatize the process?

My goal is to create a 120fps clip with the all the sections using frame duplication (since 24/30/60 are mults of 120) and after that use dedup with a timecode to delete the duplicated frames.

My las resource is analyze the source using TFM and create an override file for tdeint based on the output of TFM (the progressive sections passed, and the interlaced frames touched by tdeint) split each section on and AVS script, duplicate frames up to 120, merge the segments and encode. The TFM output stats have all the information a need but maybe there is more automatized way to do this.

thanks.