View Single Post
Old 10th February 2007, 08:36   #86  |  Link
arnezami

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkenzie View Post
Some interesting things about the 001.fcl file.
I noticed the original file date was 9/21/2006 from an install I had on a separate partition, but it had recently been modified in my main install. It showed a date of 2/5/2007.
The files were infact different, but not by much, it was actually smaller than the original.
Every time you put in a new movie it writes to the 001.fcl.
Hmm. Interesting. Thanks. A few questions:

- Are you sure its every time you put in a new movie? Not every time Power DVD gets new keys from the internet? Can you re-install and insert a new movie (for that new installation) and check whether the file(s) has/have changed? What movies do change it? Does it change only once or with every new movie?
- How many versions do you know of?
- Is 000.fcl still original?
- Is there any difference in behaviour between 7.1 and 7.2 in this matter?
- What do you mean by "not by much": how many bytes of difference are we talking about and where? Are you talking about a difference in the content or just the size? Are they different in content?

General question: does anybody have an (old) PowerDVD version that doesn't support HD/BD playback? Does it also have *.fcl files?

Thanks.

arnezami

PS. Its possible they have given a separate Key Set for BD. Which means two full sets would need roughly 16kb.
PPS. It might be possible Power DVD is removing Device Keys it knows it will never need (which it can see from the MKB on the first disc it sees) which might explain the "shrinking" here.

Last edited by arnezami; 10th February 2007 at 09:02.
arnezami is offline   Reply With Quote