View Single Post
Old 6th June 2021, 08:54   #30667  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotswood View Post
I made it sound that way because that's exactly what it's doing. - Converting audio, Track #2, THD to AC3... "Converting" NOT "extracting". You asked for MediaInfo info and I gave it to you. It's right there in the MediaInfo in Bold and white. I don't know what else to tell you. Try it yourself and see what you come up with...
I see below that I missed a very valuable clue and that this is a MKV file, and not a Blu-ray M2TS. Not sure how I missed that, but I did.
Quote:
Yes it should, but that's not what is happening. And why should I have to do that? Shouldn't BDRB handle the extraction/conversion correctly as needed on it's own?
With a MKV file, the THD track from a M2TS file has already been split into the THD objects file and the AC3 core file. All BDRB needs to do is pull the core from the MKV file. That may be what it is doing and the wrong choice of words was used. I'm not sure you can do anything with the high def audio component, because what is also needed is the core component. I'll leave that to JD to explain.
Quote:
Well that's why I'm reporting what I think might be a bug. Like I said, try it yourself. Import a MKV with a THD/Atmos track and see what happens. I'm tired and my brain hurts. Have a good evening everyone...
I do not have the file you are dealing with, so I can't do any testing. Using a different MKV file containing THD audio would not be the same.

You can use the MKV toolset to create a new MKV file with only the AC3 core and see what mediainfo now reports. I know, not your job, but it would help with troubleshooting since I suspect that JD doesn't have that file either.
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote