View Single Post
Old 6th June 2021, 05:49   #30666  |  Link
spotswood

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVideo View Post
To me, you made it sound like the THD portion of the audio stream was being converted.
I made it sound that way because that's exactly what it's doing. - Converting audio, Track #2, THD to AC3... "Converting" NOT "extracting". You asked for MediaInfo info and I gave it to you. It's right there in the MediaInfo in Bold and white. I don't know what else to tell you. Try it yourself and see what you come up with...

Quote:
As pointed out, the AC3 core should be extracted without any kind of recoding. You should be able to use eac3to to extract the AC3 core from the THD stream and then look at it with media info.
Yes it should, but that's not what is happening. And why should I have to do that? Shouldn't BDRB handle the extraction/conversion correctly as needed on it's own?

Quote:
I would find it extremely strange that only a center channel would be placed in the lossy AC3 core and all of the other 7 channels of stuff placed in the THD objects.
Well that's why I'm reporting what I think might be a bug. Like I said, try it yourself. Import a MKV with a THD/Atmos track and see what happens. I'm tired and my brain hurts. Have a good evening everyone...
spotswood is offline   Reply With Quote