View Single Post
Old 28th August 2017, 09:12   #1223  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Sorry for replying only now, guys. For whatever reason, I haven't received the notifications of the new replies. And I was in holidays, far away from my computer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majinseed View Post
first off, thank you so much for this little gem.
after having bought a 3d-capable tv I now need to go trough a lot of disks and your tool is really great!

however, I might have found a bug. There is a checkbox to prevent the encoder logs etc from being added to the output file, but apparently they still are being added.
Thanks for your kind words, and welcome to the Doom9 forums.

The option in the third tab suppresses only the ENCODER_SETTINGS tag (somewhat redundant with the info already included by x264 in the video stream). It doesn't suppress the inclusion of the most informative files in the final MKV. Why would you want that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python_61 View Post
I am getting the following error message when BD3D2MK3d v 1.1 attempts to encode a 3D video, on my laptop.

"The type of file 'MKV3D_3d.264' could not be recognized"

My desktop does not give me this error.

Does anyone here know what I need to do to eliminate this error?
Welcome to you too!

Can you describe exactly what you did? If I understand correctly, you have created a 3D MKV with MakeMKV, then created a new job with BD3D2MK3D, and finally launched it to create the final MKV, but MkvMerge doesn't recognise the 264 file. Correct?

IMO, that problem can be caused by the laptop going to sleep mode during the encoding with x264. It is well knows that x264 doesn't support well the sleep mode. Normally, you should launch __ENCODE_3D_LAUNCHER.cmd (and NOT directly __ENCODE_3D.cmd). You can also tick the option "Exit and encode immediately" in the little dialog when BD3D2MK3D created the project.
Both methods call __ENCODE_3D.cmd, but after having disabled (temporarily) the automatic sleep option of Windows. That should work. If it's not sufficient, try to change the power plan of your laptop so that it goes never to sleep automatically. And anyway, I recommend to use only the desktop computer to encode the project. It is probably much more powerful.

Let me know if launching the correct CDM file has solved the problem.