View Single Post
Old 25th March 2003, 08:23   #5  |  Link
FreQi

It seems I am unable to use YV12. Here's what brings me to that conclusion (I'll write these out in case other people have any of these symptoms, maybe they suffer from the same problem I am):

* When I use DVD2AVIT3 to open a set of .TS files, I get an error saying "You video card cannot handle YUV display. Conversion will work, but you will not get any display in YUV mode". I click OK and it crashes. Note: The error message does say "You video card..." instead of "Your..." in case you feel like correcting grammar ;]

* Then I tried using AVISynth 2.51 and VirtualDub 1.5.1 to open a script (below) but got the error message "Couldn't locate decompressor for format 'YV12' (unknown)" and it goes on to say I need a Video for Windows (VFW) codec. So I tried installing MarcFD's vble video codec (beta version).zip (linked here) thinking "well, that's a YV12 codec" but that didn't seem to help.

Code:
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\ac3source.dll")
MPEG2Source("ss-e12.d2v")
AC3source("ss-e12 AC3 T01 3_2ch 384Kbps DELAY -371ms.ac3")
BicubicResize(512,384,0,0.5, 170,4,940,716)
* I thought the problem might be that I was using VirtualDub 1.5.1, so I installed VirtualDubMod v1.4.13_2 with needed_DLLs_251102 and AviSynthLexer_0_1.zip, but when I first open vdmod, I get the License agreement, acept it and it crashes.

* Lastly, I decided to simply add ConvertToRGB32() to the (above) avisynth script, and VirtualDub 1.5.1 was able to open it just fine.

So I can't seem to work with YV12, and I don't really know why, except it seems to be the video card, or driver. I'm currently using an old nVidia RIVA TNT2 64mb card that I intend to replace in a week or so. Is there anything I should look for in a card to avoid this problem? Or is there something simple I am over looking?
FreQi is offline   Reply With Quote