View Single Post
Old 6th December 2010, 10:58   #8  |  Link
ajk

@Lyris

I'm not sure if it matters, just thought it might be some kind of compatibility issue.

@um3k

Everything appears to work, but inevitably after a minute or so I get "No more data is received from the camcorder. Capture stopped", even though there clearly is more to capture. Once this happens, the capture can't really be started again (you can start, but it immediately stops again). I have tried to find what causes this error, but it looks like people have run into the same message under all kinds of circumstances. Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, HDVSplit does not keep a log, so it's hard to tell what exactly is making it think the tape has run out.

I did find one suggestion that had to do with replacing the W7 firewire drivers with some legacy ones, but there the problem was that the camcorder was not being recognized at all, while in my case that is not the issue. I might still give it a try though.

If you have any ideas for debugging the issue further, I'll be happy to try, I'd certainly like to continue using HDVSplit.
ajk is offline   Reply With Quote