View Single Post
Old 2nd September 2003, 22:35   #44  |  Link
TerraForce1

Awesome results

Hi,

I want to report about the awesome results I got. I own an Eagles DVD. You can choose between DTS or PCM. I have expirmented on the song California Hotel (Acoustic version). Because I own the DVD, I downloaded a mp3 of this song and tried the guide. Unbelievable, you can hear the same effects as they come on the original DTS track as with the new encoded DTS sound. I don't know how, but it looks like the same. But however there is a but, and that is. In the original DVD I hear the BassTablets from Front Left, as with the encoding they come from Rear Right. As from the original DVD I get the hihats from Rear Right as from the Encoded they come from Front Left. Somehow it looks like the sound is swapped between the Speakers. The center and right front speaker also look to be just the way around. I had not much time for more analyzing. But the sound of the original DVD gives with the original speaker setting a better harmonic between the sounds.
My first thought is the setting of the Emigrator where you can set the conrolled opposites. But I may be wrong.

For your information.

TerraForce1

Last edited by TerraForce1; 2nd September 2003 at 22:37.