View Single Post
Old 1st November 2017, 12:12   #10  |  Link
mbcd

That was a long time without internet, I hate these weeks ...
First: Thanks for all of your replies, very appreciated!

@hubblec4:
Yeah, I thought on some demuxer also, I started one now, but I dont have any specifications, so it takes some time to get all info together.
The first code I have still works, but doesnt do very much, but its a beginning.

Linux will be hard, right now I am only able to do C#, maybe I learn something more in my computer science studies, but I cant say that for sure, lets see what comes with time.

CPLI and MPLS parsing I have already done in past, so I have some code for that, but its old ones, has to get renewed and optimized.

@Ghitulescu:
Yes its a lot of stuff you can do with it, but this makes the program harder to use.
So I planned to do some more basic stuff only, not the full feature palette of feature, still have no official documentation for PGS.
But along with that, I plan to do more like a text-to-PGS-thing, combined with some basic features for the graphical parts (extract forced subs, ..) without changing the existing graphics (like recoloring, ...). Such features that are mostly used, there are still features missing no program can deliver, but I need them sometimes.

So there is basically the need of a text-plain format that has OCRd text, data and "effects" (fade-in-out), also color, textfont, textsize, ...

I think that it is better to use an already existing format for doing that, like .SSA (.ASS), this should combine all those features if I am right.

I never used DVDSubEdit, so I dont see a feature that makes sence to use, will have spent time to invest what it can do and what makes sense to use for PGS too.

@jpsdr:
This is because the TV is not capable to play blurays, every bluray-specified player can do that, these "multimedia-TVs" cant do that normally, because of licensing-costs.

As said: any hints or feature requests are welcome ... maybe I do some collaboration with Nikse555 on some later progress.

Last edited by mbcd; 1st November 2017 at 12:14.
mbcd is offline   Reply With Quote