View Single Post
Old 20th August 2014, 14:41   #33  |  Link
IanD

@IanD:
Quote:
I have modified the files of a short clip and I think I have something that should work. Can you test the modifications?
Use a short clip to begin (and, optionally, select the UltraFast x264 preset). Use T&B or SBS, that doesn't matter.
When the demux phase is finished, edit the following files.
I was going to attempt to do it myself with Avisynth as the process is quite straightforward, however I would need to manually perform the decode process and then the encode process, so I was hoping your program could do it automatically with a few minor modifications. I see that it may be possible to do it through your program.

Unfortunately I don't have a passive 3D TV, but a relative does, however I don't see them very often.

I was mainly looking for a way to create a simple test file that I could use in the future.

I understand what you are saying about the possibility of flickering, but the whole reason for generating an interlaced frame without scaling was to improve sharpness. The T&B I have seen look quite soft compared to SBS, even as 2D presentations, so I think the scaling in the encodes is introducing softness, let alone what the LG is doing to it. I acknowledge the penalty for a sharper image might be inter-line twitter: then again, perhaps the brain can use the right eye view to fill in the gap.

Your interlaced process seems reasonable and I will test it out when I can, but it will probably not be for a while. Thanks for coming up with a solution so quickly.

Maybe someone will have improved the stability and speed of MVC decoding by then.

Last edited by IanD; 20th August 2014 at 14:52.