View Single Post
Old 27th September 2022, 19:21   #251  |  Link
Stereodude

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0lZ View Post
Avatar 3D is well known for the problem of their subtitles. In the BD3D, there are two subtitle streams with the same UIDs, one in the main AVC M2TS (the primary view, used when you watch the stream in 2D) and one in the AVC M2TS (dependent stream, used only for 3D). If you are using the 3D version of the BD, don't worry, as 2 streams with the same UID cannot be parsed correctly with most software demuxers !
Interesting... I found the 2D version to be more broken than the 3D with the single .sup the demuxer's find, but I wasn't aware there were two subtitles streams with one for each eye. I watched the 3D Blu-ray rip (made with MakeMKV) with my GF over the weekend and discovered the forced subtitles were messed up. The .mkv only has 1 subtitle stream, so that's where I started. I now have a mkv of each with forced subtitles that have only the correct subtitles in them, that display for the right amount of time, that appear in the right place on the screen. There's only one .sup in each though.

Is there actually a way to handle the two subtitle streams for the 3D disc correctly in a .mkv?

Edit: Or a way to create a .mkv without re-encoding that has subtitles with the same 3D depth as the original Blu-ray?
Edit2: Seems like there is no way to assign a 3D plane to the .sup in a .mkv

Last edited by Stereodude; 27th September 2022 at 20:52.
Stereodude is offline   Reply With Quote