View Single Post
Old 3rd September 2019, 08:00   #1662  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

I have understood that soon after having posted my (stupid) question, and I have immediately removed it, so I did not expect an answer. But thanks anyway.

Now, I wonder if I must keep the avs2yuv trick to encode with x264 or x265 64-bit, for the users who have installed only the classic Avisynth 2.6 32-bit, or if I can assume that the users who want to encode in 64-bit have already installed Avisynth+ 64-bit, or will accept to install it ?

In other words, I may replace the current option "Use 64-bit X264 with avs2yuv on 64-bit PC" with a "Force 32-bit encoding" that will be available only on 64-bit PC when a 64-bit version of Avisynth is installed. When this option is enabled, BD3D2MK3D will then generate the project with 32-bit tools only (Avisynth AND X264/X265, without avs2yuv). For me, that will be simpler to implement, as I will not have to mix 32 and 64-bit tools, but that will force the users of a 64-bit PC to install Avisynth+ 64-bit if they want a fast encoding. Since Avisynth+ seems well compatible with the classic Avisynth, I suppose that it's not a problem. What do you think ?