View Single Post
Old 11th September 2016, 22:16   #232  |  Link
oddball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmodian View Post
Really a lot of TVs have bad 24 Hz modes, maybe it is the TV not processing 24Hz correctly with the somewhat odd patterns of VFR video. 60 Hz with smooth motion is a good option IMO, is there a reason you do not like it?

I do not think it is it is likely to be a problem with madVR's refresh rate switching, it works properly for too many people.

Edit: I am highly suspicious that the crashes with anything but DX11 is due to AMD's driver, both AMD and Nvidia have had driver issues exposed by madVR in the past and there have been a lot of reports of issues with the latest Crimson drivers.

Edit2: Are you using Software decoding LAV? If not, try using it.
I always use LAV as it is inbuilt into the latest MPC-HC.

I had already tested this with the default Win10 provided drivers with the same results. The only way to be sure would be to reinstall Win10 from scratch. Not something I would willingly do lightly.

The only way I have got playback to work is by ticking DX11. Exclusive mode seems to work fine 'most' of the time but I have the odd video that gives a MadVR error in the top left corner. Sometimes they playback fine without exclusive mode selected.

What I have found is that unticking *BOTH* 'delay switch to exclusive mode by 3 seconds' and 'present several frames in adance' has helped prevent dropped frames when playing back VFR sources. Also running at 60Hz and selecting Smooth Motion does the same thing (not dropped frames on VFR).

Unticking 'Delay playback until render queue is full' prevents MPC-HC locking up with a blank screen on the HDTV going to fullscreen. If I open it on the monitor instead it plays back no problemo. If I then force it to fullscreen on the HDTV it just locks up MPC-HC.

BTW when I upgrade AMD's drivers I always DDU in safe mode.

Last edited by oddball; 11th September 2016 at 22:29.
oddball is offline   Reply With Quote