View Single Post
Old 4th September 2003, 07:23   #55  |  Link
TerraForce1

a long the 24 bit 32 bit story

Hi,

Along the 24 bit 32 bit story I have the problem that the recorded amplitude with Bidule is very low. I don't know if it is possible to get the recorded audio at a higher amplitude. I know that Besweet is capable of doing this (btw I don't know the acceptable settings guess -13 db will do), but is there somehow a way in Bidule to get it correct from the beginning ? As for my second question, while maintaining a higher amplitude of the surround speakers I want my LFE output to be of a lower amplitude than the current settings. It's really too loud. I have to lower the input output ratio on my subwoofer otherwhise I get a distorted effect. It's like going to a houseparty with gabbers or to put it in other words real hardcore bassdrums. Well and that ain't what you are expecting when you listen to slow rock.

Watching the waveforms with Cooledit gives a clear image that the amplitude of the LFE is really much bigger than the other waveforms. So for the moment I have to manually cut 6 db every time.

As my conclusion is: from how I want to have it, the amplitude of the LFE had to be the amplitude of my surround speakers. And the amplitude of my surround speakers had to be the amplitude of my subwoofer.

Is there somehow an amplitude plugin for Bidule. If yes how do we integrate this in the current model.

@ daphy
Also compressed wave file are accepted. I saved my wave file in an ADPCM format and it played the file. Mp3's however dont.

TerraForce1

Last edited by TerraForce1; 4th September 2003 at 07:31.