View Single Post
Old 17th December 2021, 09:05   #27  |  Link
Boulder
Pig on the wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonemapped View Post
That's an impressive bitrate for a film with some complex scenes. What's the basis of your denoising script?
I can share the denoiser function after some cleanup. It's just similar stuff that many others do: 1) predenoise the clip used for motion search, 2) do analysis on that clip and 3) use MDegrain on the sharpened original clip for limited motion compensated denoising to avoid excessive detail loss. Does slight spatial denoising where block matching is bad (usually blocks with lots of motion).

The final average bitrate for the TTT was around 8.1 Mbps. However, I must stress that there is something wrong with CTU 64 and 1080p resolution at least when it comes to CRF encodes (EDIT: and rskip mode 2). I did a color corrected encode of FOTR EE (cropped resolution 1920x800) and started wondering why the flat backgrounds don't look good at all in motion. I then compared CTU 64 and 32 on a shorter sample from the movie and the filesize difference was very big. I've already noticed this earlier but thought it was only in case of --limit-tu 0. I am quite sure that the encoder does some stupid decisions with CTU 64 and rskip 2 because the avg QP differs a lot but frame types are of course the same. I really need to test if it applies to >1080p resolutions as well. Hope not, because it would mean some more rework for me

https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...47#post1919347

Last edited by Boulder; 17th December 2021 at 20:47.
Boulder is offline   Reply With Quote