View Single Post
Old 19th January 2013, 19:11   #1  |  Link
njahnke

c/c++-based deinterlacers for game console video

i'm writing a cross-platform (mac/windows/linux) tool in qt c++ for transcoding video from various video game console sources to speed demos archive's quality presets. this is a simple "idiot proof" tool. for e.g. ntsc, i need to support 480i input and deinterlace to 59.94 fps progressive. the problem is that most good deinterlacers used nowadays seem to be avisynth-based, and obviously there is no direct equivalent for mac/linux of avisynth.

i noticed that there are some deinterlacers available in avidemux ported from mplayer/mencoder, e.g. tdeint and mcDeinterlace, which are independent of avisynth. i could use one of those in my tool (it is gpl). but tdeint at least is quite old, so i am wondering whether there is a newer deinterlacer that does not rely on avisynth. if it matters, the input is from video game consoles (e.g. ps2, gamecube, xbox, dreamcast). speed is not really an issue. i am looking for fewest artifacts only. thanks!

Last edited by njahnke; 19th January 2013 at 20:20. Reason: post title too vague
njahnke is offline   Reply With Quote