View Single Post
Old 11th September 2016, 20:43   #228  |  Link
oddball

I am getting noticeable frame skipping on VFR sources. I can see the numbers of frames repeated/dropped but every now and then I see a visible skip. I tried resetting to defaults and it does not help. I can also not play any video other than in DX11 mode. If I leave it unticked MPC-HC hangs. MadVR settings continue to be accessible. But I have to kill MPC-HC in Win10 Task Manager.

I am using AMD's latest drivers but this has continued through from using a AMD R90 290 to changing the GPU to a RX 480.

I have also tried older versions of MadVR and it still hangs with DX11 unticked. This only occurs over HDMI to a either a Denon AVR or directly to a Panasonic plasma HDTV.

Because MadVR hangs and does not crash I don't know how to get any crash info. Is it MadVR or MPC-HC? If MPC-HC where do I get the crash info? I have also tried older non-nighlty buiilds of MPC-HC.

Also I have had issues with delayed playback enabled with DX11 ticked and switching between fullscreen on the HDTV and windowed on the main monitor.

Please advise on how I can diagnose these issues and post a crash report.

I don't want to have to wipe Win10 and start over but this has been going on for many weeks now and I still don't know how to fix this.

Any help appreciated on what I should do to find crash info and diagnose this pain in the butt problem.

EDIT: I tried it in MPC-BE out of curiosity and with DX11 unticked and sending it stright to fullscreen on the HDTV I get the MPC-BE logo window (no video) and the sound continues on. I also see 'madVR reports -resetting direct3d devices failed (8007000e)' and '-creating direct3d devce failed (8007000e)'. I am at a loss right now.

EDIT2: If I stop it going fullscreen on the HDTV and allow it to play on the monitor first it plays,pauses, ff/rw etc. But if I force it to the HDTV the playback stops and I can do nothing even though the interface still allows me to pause, play etc. But the image and sound remain static on what was previously there.

Last edited by oddball; 11th September 2016 at 21:00.
oddball is offline   Reply With Quote