Thread: RemoveGrain
View Single Post
Old 29th August 2004, 13:57   #37  |  Link
kassandro

Quote:
Originally posted by Boulder
OK, I tested the SSE2 version. It looks like all the other modes except number 4 work and produce no differences compared to the SSE version, viewed with DebugViewer. If I use mode=4, VirtualDubMod just closes without giving any error messages whatsoever.
I looked again at the source code and the SSE2 bug seems to be corrected. On the other hand, there have been a lot of changes meanwhile and the current SSE2 binary is only a snapshot. In fact, the next version 0.6 will contain a new plugin, which is derived from the same source file, such that both plugins can be maintained simultaneously. Unfortunately, the technique to creat different plugins from the same source code has one drawback: the source code gets a little bit messy.

Quote:

Here's another bug as well, I noticed it earlier but forgot to post If I use modeU=-1 to disable chroma processing, I first get a screen like this:
This is not a bug. If you want to leave the chroma unchanged, you have to use modeU=0. If you want the chroma to be not processed at all (not even copied), which is faster, you should choose modeU=-1. If modeU=-1, then the chroma becomes random (in your case green and then it changes again). Why modeU=-1?. If you have black&video, you can save time if you use modeU=-1 and then at the end you simply use the greyscale command. The chroma is automaticly erased if RemoveDirt is used with grey=true.
If you you use mode=-1, then the luma becomes random as well. Of course, this doesn't make sense even for b&w material.
kassandro is offline   Reply With Quote