View Single Post
Old 29th September 2010, 14:37   #3  |  Link
Klagar

Hi and thanks Manolito !

In fact the thing is we do have a bunch of sets we use regularly and they work pretty well. Problem is, nobody here can understand what they are doing. Some presets were downloaded, some were built by people who are no longer working here, and some are just of unknown origin. I am in charge of building a complete documentation about what these parameters are and why exactly they were put in our presets. And then we can exploit them later, when we fully understand what we've been doing for some time.

You are not the first one discouraging me to use WinFF, but the fact remains that 90% of our products are based upon FFMPEG and our encoders all use WinFF and they made it clear that it would not change anytime soon. I just have to cope with it, for better and for worse.

As I said, I checked the documentation you mentionned, but informations are incomplete. For example, they don't say anything about -flags, -cmp and -subcmp.
You say I should change parameters only if I know what I'm doing. That's exactly the point : I want to know what I'm doing, and I'm presently taking small steps towards it. Most of the stuff seems pretty normal, but some other just eludes any attempt of mine at research and documentation.

So all that being said, can someone help a newbie who happens to stumble into a very esoteric realm ?
Thank you all !

P.S. Is there any other GUI for FFMPEG ? I would be interested, at least for my personal gain !
Klagar is offline   Reply With Quote