View Single Post
Old 29th April 2007, 16:53   #82  |  Link
hdboy

I don't have a problem with a simple UI. There's no need for a fancy skin, but I do wish the buttons and slider were bigger. Espdcially in 1920x1080, the small slider gives me a really small target to hit. I would not object to making the sliders and buttons larger and more attractice.

I also agree re the branding problem (I originally thought it was a hack of MS's old mplayer2.exe). But the most serious problem is active development. This is not a crticism of celtic_druid and others who are providing valuable patches, but I'd really like to see active development and improvement. For example, I'd love to see hddvd and bluray support -- navigation and playback of DECRYPTED content. I say decrypted b/c I understand the process for getting approval from the governing bodies is pretty onerous and expensive. also, some simple UI improvement like how about when you mouse over the slider or drag it, you get a pop up of the time position, like this

1:02:20
V

I'd love to do it except I'm just a dumb java/database programmer and don't know squat about graphics and stuff. Plus I assume MPC is written in C and man writing windows code in C is really painful.