View Single Post
Old 9th May 2016, 23:58   #45  |  Link
Reel.Deel

Quote:
Originally Posted by asarian View Post
I am already using fmtconv. That wasn't really my point, though. Nor is the use of MPEG2Source (frankly, I don't care what source filter that avs script uses). I was merely contemplating the usefulness of vsavsreader, when the imported avs script uses its own source, from stratch, instead of building on what you have so far in your VapourSynth script.

Case reopened.
Sorry I missed your point, it wasn't really clear to me, still isn't. Anyways, vsavsreader was created in 2012 when VapourSynth had very limited use so this plugin helped to fill that void. Nowadays is kinda obsolete since most of the useful scripts and plugins have been ported to VapourSynth. Also VS can load AVS 2.6 plugins directly so... Hence why your the first person to post in this thread since Dec. 2014.

And don't forget about AviSource:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrsloik View Post
I'm just going to add that using vs avisource to open an avisynth script and (if necessary) fmtconv's 16 bit avisynth compatibility functions should work just as well.

I completely forgot that this plugin kinda is obsolete now because avisource exists.
Reel.Deel is offline   Reply With Quote