View Single Post
Old 10th August 2009, 20:15   #1  |  Link
Lyris

Has anyone used X264 to produce a replicated BD title?

First of all: I apologize if this question has already been asked. However, I don't think there has ever been a central thread asking this question.

Have any Blu-ray Disc authors out there produced titles encoded using X264 (perhaps one of the various patched versions), and had its output verified and passed by a replication facility? The reason I ask is because in the coming months, I will be working on a retail BD title and if it's possible to use X264, I would absolutely love to do it due to the quality of its output.

My other option is the upcoming Netblender DoStudio Workflow Edition, comes with an integrated AVC encoder. Even although at BD bitrates, the differences can be less obvious, I still want to use the absolute best quality option within the allocated budget. The big draw of this is that its output is guaranteed to be compatible.

Lastly, to the developers of x264: thank you for this wonderful encoder and everything that you do for free. I realise that as a highly scalable system, BD compliance is not at the top of you priorities in producing an h.264 encoder. But if anyone can pitch in, I'd be very grateful!
Lyris is offline   Reply With Quote