View Single Post
Old 5th February 2018, 22:09   #1418  |  Link
te36

Thanks & Questions

First post, First off:
Great tool.

Secondly: a few questions. If there is any FAQ where these should go into, i'd be happy to make that happen once i know the answers.

All about Full SBS encoding (h265):

1) Kodi-windows/Zidoo X9s show these files with very disturbed aspect ratio. But both can zoom them to correct AR (kodi: pixel AR = 0.5). WinDVD 12 displays them correct.
1.a) So, whose fault is this - players fault, or does BD3D2MKV3D by default not encode the right AR for full SBS ?
1.b) How can i change the AR(i guess MKV AR) in BD3D2MKV3D to fix this ?

2) Kodi 17.6/Win 10 on Intel GPU shows me blocking artefacts. These go away when i disable in Kodi DXVA2 hardware acceleration. So it sounds like a DXVA2 bug. But maybe there is some h265 encoding parameter to tune this - for maximum compatibility (even with broken decoder like probably intels DXVA2 ?).

3) I am so totally confused about the warnings BD3D2MKV3 emits about subtitles and full SBS encoding. Can someone try to explain to me
3.a) Whats the difference in the use of subtitles with half vs. full SBS encoding... Why is full SBS encoding supposedly worse.
3.b) Are there _any_ subtitles for MKV for which depth could be encoded
in an MKV file (native mkv that is, not when just packaging BD DVD TS/MVC streams) ?

On the wish-list, and i'd be most happy if i was just overlooking these options in the twisty little maze of options already available
:
a) configurable encoding bitrate for audio (useful especially when encoding multiple languages/commentary tracks).
b) encode just a chapter (important for testing)