View Single Post
Old 11th March 2015, 10:52   #257  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Indeed, I have removed the --convert-fps argument. And, similarly, I have removed the --fps-source 24p argument when BDSup2Sub++ is used instead of the Java version (because the ++ version doesn't have the --convert-fps option). I can restore them, but if I have removed them, that was probably because they created problems. I don't remember the exact reason, but I think it's because that doesn't work well when the user specifies a frame rate in the GUI of the Convert Subtitle to 3D tool. I have to verify that too...

BTW, maybe the culprit is Sony, but in the XML, there is a frame rate AND a dropframe field. If you specify 24fps and Dropframe true, the real frame rate is indeed 23.976. No need for floating point numbers. But BDSup2Sub stores always 25 fps and dropframe false, even when the original subtitles come from a 3DBD at 23.976 fps, and if you "fix" this by forcing the right frame rate and dropframe field, you can't get your subs in sync anymore! Furthermore, having to specify --convert-fps 24p,24p (that should not convert anything) is extremely bizarre. I persist to think that the handling of the frame rate by BDSup2Sub is not correct, or at least totally counter-intuitive.

I'll do some tests with the restored --convert-fps and --fps-source options, and if that works correctly, I'll release a new version. Anyway, I will have to find a solution! Thanks for the bug report.