View Single Post
Old 23rd January 2018, 11:30   #1389  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Strange! Yet another bug of BDSup2Sub. :-(

Try to load the ORIGINAL stream (without .2D or .3D extension) in BDSup2Sub++ or in BDSup2Sub.jar. (They are in the toolset folder.) Be sure to enable the Change Frame Rate option and set the FPS Source and FPS Target to 23.976. (It's necessary to avoid little timing problems.) Verify if the forced subtitles have the right color. If it's not the case, retry with the other version of BDSup2Sub. When it's correct, save them as a new temporary BD SUP file. Then, have a look at the end of the 3D-Planes.log file to identify the 3D-Plane to use for your stream, and use BD3D2MK3D -> Subtitle Tools -> Convert Subtitles to 3D (with 3D-Plane/OFS) to convert the 2D stream you have just created.

I note also that the images above are taken from an OCR program that accepts only DVD SUB/IDX. Converting to that format is not recommended, because it is less good than the original SUP, and it has to reduce the number of colours to 3 (plus the transparent background). That may be the cause of the problem. So, do the conversion in SUP format only, and if you really need the IDX/SUP stream, convert the final 3D SUP to DVD SUB. That should work.

If a specific version of BDSup2Sub produced the black subtitles, and if it works correctly with the BD SUP format, please let me know. I will try to convert the same stream myself, and see if I can find a solution to detect the problem automatically and, if it's possible, implement a workaround.

Anyway, thanks for the bug report!