View Single Post
Old 16th August 2019, 03:21   #7  |  Link
hello_hello

Thanks for doing that.

It was very disappointing to see your result was the same each time, or close enough for me to call them the same (I was hoping you'd get different results as I did).

Obviously I can't replicate your method (avsresize no worky XP) so I tried doing it again a more traditional way, although I've looked at the various screenshots so many times today all I'm seeing is pink elephants at the moment....

I'm not sure I'm taking the same frame from the source as yesterday, and there's several frames in a row without movement and I didn't make a note of the frame number, but here's two screenshots I took today. Today the result is closer to yours, but the difference between converting to YV24 before using HDTools, or not, is noticeable. All I can assume is the difference is/was the YUV to RGB conversion, and for some reason it stood out more with rec.2020 to rec.709. I could duplicate this result, so I don't think it's a rendering problem. They're not massively different, but they are different.

It's frustrating because today the result where I used ConvertToYV24 is very close to yesterday's screenshot where I didn't use it. Hopefully that's just because it's not the same frame from the source. Maybe I need to start over, although at least now I know HDRTools XYZ has problems and ColorMatrix definitely isn't doing rec.2020 conversions correctly, so I've learned something....

Thanks again.

PS. I'm still don't really understand why HDRTools has two rec.601 flavours.

Last edited by hello_hello; 16th August 2019 at 03:37.
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote