View Single Post
Old 6th June 2017, 20:39   #20  |  Link
GMJCZP

manolito, I think the thing is like this:

If b_strategy = 1 => set the value of b_sensitivity, setting the value of brd_scale is unnecessary
If b_strategy = 2 => set the value of brd_scale, setting the value of b_sensitivity is unnecessary.

Quote:
Just saw that my second pass params use "-g 12 -bf 2". Doesn't this override any "b_sensitivity" param?
Not at all:

1) -g 12 means that the GOP (Group Of Frames) of I-frames in the frame structure is equal to 12 and applies only to an input video of 23,976 fps to which will do it 3:2 pulldown. So:

g = 12 => 3:2 pulldown
g = 15 => DVD PAL
g = 18 => DVD NTSC

By the way, I do not have it defined in the script above (post 12). As I do not remember having problems to not define it when using a video in AVS maybe is not mandatory to establish it, but it is a good practice to do so, so I will update the post.

2) -bf 2 means that the B-frames in the frame structure are equal to 2, and for standard DVD's it is mandatory. With b_sensitivity what you do is change the frequency with which the pair of B-frames will appear.

Quote:
So I made the Fox New matrix the standard for these XHQ params, and so far I found the results very good (and I got no complaints from forum members).
Now I am the one who is excited, so this matrix is "the divine flame" when it comes to matrices. I will use it indistinctly from now on regardless of the value of the bitrate.

GMJCZP's Arsenal

Last edited by GMJCZP; 6th June 2017 at 21:10.
GMJCZP is offline   Reply With Quote