View Single Post
Old 15th December 2005, 02:27   #3  |  Link
TakuSkan

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemadeus
An update:

I managed to get video going in VirtualVCR (it couldn't handle a 'custom' video format that happened to be identical to the default ), but there's still no audio. A thread on shspvr.com ( http://www.shspvr.com/smf/index.php?topic=6403.0 ) says that I should be able to select the capture card as the audio device, but all I see in VVCR's Settings...Devices tab is the motherboard's audio line-in. Is there any way to add the capture card as an audio line-in? Is this a bug in Hauppauge's installer?
I just purchased the same Hauppauge WinTV PVR-150 card, and am having the same problem in VirtualDub. I get video, but no matter how I set the audio settings, no audio.

The VirtualDub audio menus are:

Audio Input > "No Input, Stero Mix, Microphone, CD, AUX, Line In, or WAV"

Audio Source> "Now Source, Tuner, Line In 1, or Line in 2"

Capture Device> "0 Capture device, or 1 C-Media WAV Device

No matter what combination I set, I get no sound through VD.

Have you had any more luck joemadeus?

I'm still not sure if I ought to keep this card, or return it for a better one. I'm having problems with GSpot showing the test file I made in VD being encoded with a proprietary Hauppauge codec: HCW2. And VD can't open the file due to lack of a proper decompression codec.

If the files created with this WinTV PVR-150 is going to be fussy about compatibility with most other video programs, that's not a good sign.

TS
TakuSkan is offline   Reply With Quote