View Single Post
Old 10th September 2019, 20:37   #37  |  Link
manolito

Still streamlining my workflow for InpaintDelogo, this time I used a typical real-world captured movie from German DVB-T2 (1080p @50fps, HEVC), duration was 100 minutes. I always convert these captures to 702x396 @25fps AVC. For InpaintDelogo I only use the Inpaint mode, I have no use for the Deblend or Both modes.

This is what I found so far:

Trying to use AutoMask to create the base mask was frustrating. It uses "Analyze=1" by default which means that it uses 3% of the source to create the mask. For my source file this is unusable, I canceled the process after 40 minutes. I got it working by increasing the "every" parameter in "SelectRangeEvery" from 33 to 400. Values above 400 caused the mask to deteriorate, but for this source 400 was perfect. It took 3 minutes to create a perfect mask. But of course this may be different for other source files.

The other and faster way is to use "Analyze=4" and specify a frame where the logo is above a perfect black background. I believe that for only using Inpaint it does not make sense to use "Analyze=3" because I will not do any color deblends.

Next problem was that my conversion crashed when I had activated MT mode. So far I have solved it by forcing InpaintLogo to MT_SERIALIZED, let's see if this helps permanently. Turning off MT mode is an option, but this drops my speed from 29fps to 25fps.

Still very happy with the resulting quality, even with Turbo=1 it is way way better than for LogoAway, and it is also faster.

Cheers
manolito
manolito is offline   Reply With Quote