View Single Post
Old 29th January 2020, 17:37   #23  |  Link
Fandangos

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistacho View Post
Short answer:

Because it is not necessary, (technically speaking there is no logical reason for it).
It's because the API that is called is not documented, it emerged from someone knows where.

According to the txt from the first release of that code, people found out about those APIs analyzing windows registry changes after triggering HDR on and OFF. That's quite a hack in my honest opinion.

That's just my guess how people did it based on that txt.

Kodi was part of a program that brought it to the Microsoft Windows Store.
It's also part of the Xbox game console store.
Both under the supervision of Microsoft.
Some of TK devs were part of the microsoft internal programs.

Since the API is not well documented and it's not publicly advertised to be used, I completly understand their stance to back away from it.

Putting it into an addon just protects Kodi.

Whilte on the other hand I completly understand your frustration and I honestly wish to put this HDR situation in the past.
Just having an automatic solution that works for everybody without restrictions.

This way we (or me) could ,ove along to something else like adding FSRCNNX upscaler to Kodi.

Just my opinion on this.

And I'm trying to fix Ryzen with private APIs here, which that code to turn HDR on and off solves the problem.
Since you are also working with that code, I would like to ask if you know why it defaults back to 60hz breaking 23hz.

It does for me no matter the moment it is triggered (except before playbackstarting).

If you have found a solution I really would like to know because this could be greatly used on my fork to help people with Ryzen igpus and RX 5700 gpus both plagued by this bug where bt.2020 flag using amd ags doesn't show up.

Last edited by Fandangos; 29th January 2020 at 17:43.
Fandangos is offline   Reply With Quote