View Single Post
Old 27th March 2015, 09:11   #304  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Welcome to the Doom9 forums, jmcguire525!

Sorry, I can't reply to your question about the hardware. I have only a relatively cheap Samsung Smart TV, that doesn't support Full-SBS/T&B. I have no way to test other hardware.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcguire525 View Post
The first post mentions "properly decoded blu-ray 3D". Do I need to run the BD through another program before using this program?
BD3D2MK3D doesn't remove the protections, and therefore cannot process directly most original commercial 3DBDs. You need an unprotected ISO (that you can create with many BD copy programs and mount with the native Win8 ISO mounter or a specific ISO mounter under Vista or Win7). Another solution is to decode the original BD on the fly with AnyDVD HD. The problem of the black video can be caused by the fact that the original track was not decoded, but I'm not sure. Have you tried to play the video on your PC with a good software player? If the image is black here too, that means probably that the decoder is necessary.

Note also that you need a correct and complete 3DBD structure, with the BDMV/STREAM/SSIF folder. Copying the files on HDD usually doesn't work properly. You have to mount the ISO, and open the virtual drive in BD3D2MK3D.

I didn't know that DVDFab crops the black borders automatically! Another good reason to never use that program to rip your 3DBDs to SBS or T&B. Thanks for the info!

Last edited by r0lZ; 27th March 2015 at 09:18.