View Single Post
Old 26th March 2015, 12:30   #297  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Hum, the problem of the color change is strange. I have never seen that. When the original SUP is converted to VobSub (IDX/SUB), relatively small differences in the colors are normal, because the VobSub format can only use 4 colors within a fixed palette of 16 colors. But when the subtitles are converted to BD SUP or XML/PNG, there should be no color differences. Anyway, BD3D2MK3D doesn't convert the subtitles itself. It uses only BDSup2Sub (and ImageMagick when converting the PNGs to 3D). I'm pretty sure that the problem doesn't come from ImageMagick, so it should be due to a bug in BDSup2Sub or to a problem in your original SUP files.

Another possibility is that it comes from the SupTitle avisynth plugin. It is used to hardcode the 3D SUP stream on the video. You can try to use VSFilter instead (with Settings -> Hardcode Subtitle Method.) The quality will be less good, but if the colors are approximately good with VSFilter, we'll know that SupTitle is the culprit. However, I don't think so. I have hardcoded the yellow forced subtitles of Avatar with SupTitle, and the colour was perfect. Therefore, again, I suspect a problem in your original SUP.

Can you send me the original SUP? I would like to have a look. Thanks in advance. (My email address is in the Contact section near the end of the PgcEdit homepage. See my signature.)

Thanks also for your proposition to translate BD3D2MK3D. I'm not sure I'll accept, because most of the time, a translation is made once, but when an update is released with new strings to translate, it takes ages to have a correct translation. Also, I have not organised my code with multi-language in mind, and it may be difficult to re-organise it. (I know that it's my fault!) The third reason is that I don't think that there are many users who want to use BD3D3MK3D and do not know English sufficiently to understand how to use it. But I may change my mind later. Anyway, thanks again!

[EDIT] I looked closely at your Converted caption image, and I wonder if the subtitles have been hardcoded with SupTitle or with VSFilter. If you have used VSFilter, the problem might be that the light yellow in the original SUP is closer to the light gray than to the light yellow in the IDX/SUB palette. Therefore, BDSup2Sub may have selected that colour. It's not really a bug, due to the fact that the colours are always modified during the conversion to VobSub. Try to use the SupTitle plugin, and everything should be fine.

BTW, SupTitle is not the default plugin because it requires .net v4 or greater to work, and I can't assume that .net is installed. But if you have .net, it is highly recommended to use SupTitle instead of VSFilter. I will try to change the default when BD3D2MK3D detects that .net v4 or greater is available. But that will work only when BD3D2MK3D is used for the first time, so you'll have to change the option manually anyway.

Last edited by r0lZ; 26th March 2015 at 12:47.