View Single Post
Old 4th June 2021, 01:57   #19120  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripmann View Post
Hey guys, I'm having a dismal month with no free time whatsoever. Just wanted to drop by to thank Pauly Dunne for his advice (although I haven't had a chance to finish the installation yet) and Atak for adding all the title and filter strength options.

A minor note about the strength values: if it's not too much trouble, could you tweak the KNLMeansCL strength input to accept decimal values like 1.5? Back when I ran denoise tests, I saw a notable difference between values like 1.0 and 1.5. So just one decimal point, for better control, would be perfect. Otherwise, great job. Glad to see you back in action.

EDIT: By the way, I didn't notice any issues with audio tracks or GPU encoding after the patch (Nvidia card). In case somebody is wary of the update because of the reports above, back up the installation folder just in case and give it a try.
Hey Ripmann,

Yeah, it's been a little while, and thankyou for your compliment.

Not sure if you would have seen my lengthy explanation of the differences between the original KNLMeansCL filter scripts, and the current one's, before I took that post down.

Anyway, I know it's each to their own, but I still don't understand why you like KNLMeansCL...

OK, so I have just done a very simple edit / test, and it seems like you can use ANY decimal point value you want....you simply choose one from the drop down, and edit the "h" value, eg:-

#After_Prefetch_Denoise
LoadPlugin("D:\RipBot264v1.26.1\Tools\AviSynth plugins\KNLMeansCL\KNLMeansCL.dll")
video=ConvertToYUV444(video).KNLMeansCL(d=0, a=2, s=4, h=1.5, device_type="GPU", device_id=0, channels="YUV").ConvertToYUV420

OR

You could also write up a few custom scripts, and simply choose it from the Custom Script drop down list.

I'm sure you've now seen this :-

https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...29#post1943629

Last edited by Pauly Dunne; 4th June 2021 at 02:05.
Pauly Dunne is offline   Reply With Quote