View Single Post
Old 4th February 2021, 22:42   #18910  |  Link
slalom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryushin View Post
I wanted to add that RB is the only program I know that can even resume an encode, at least in DE mode. I think in single threaded mode even RB will start over from scratch.

That being said, I do think resuming aborted jobs could work a bit better as that should work 100% of the time. For one of my clients, I deal with very large movie jobs, often larger than 1TB in size. Because this is commercial works, corruption could be hard to detect without using MD5 sums for the files.

Atak, perhaps when a chunk is finished, a MD5 sum is recorded in <chunk#>.md5 file. Upon recovering a job, if there are any .md5 files, they are compared with the chunk and if missing or incorrect, that chunk is encoded again. Then a master file has a list of the the number of chunks and that should not have to change. I'm more than willing to wait for a few cpu/storage cycles to resume a job.
I'll give you a scenario, abort a job, add 2 other jobs, edit them and restart encoding (the aborted one, doesn't have to be 4K/h265)

MD5 sums is a very good idea! Don't know much about that but I hear it

I do little 4K by choice, and I use mainly MDegrain1 or nothing so I don't loose much time to cry for
slalom is offline   Reply With Quote