View Single Post
Old 15th August 2019, 06:47   #12  |  Link
szabi

Hi

I do not have any equipment to digitalize VHS. I did not want to buy any to do so.
Cheap equipment has poor quality with several other problem and I have no buisness with digit so I did not want to invest to the expensive one.
Also I do not have TBC VHS player.
So I had to find someone to digit. Most of the buisness who deal with digit only provide DVD as output.
I wanted to edit the video and do any post-process, so DVD is not good for me.
I found one person who willing to do such an output format I can edit, not only DVD.
Due to post-process the output need to be easily edited, that is why I ask to provide DV-AVI.
If you check the sample video fourcc=cdvc, so digit was done a canopus device, which I consider to be good choise.
I do not know whether any other option is available for me as digit result from a canopus device.
Editing the dv-avi (cdvc) Grass Valley HQX Codec had to be installed.
Finally I had to tell, digit is not free for me I had to pay for it.
That is the story of my input source I have no influence on it.

I did not mention, my final encode will be x264 in mkv.
Wedding was encoded yesterday, today I deal with an other family event, overall I have 15hrs dv-avi which need to be processed-encoded.
I see script of FranceBB there are so much color convert, which I did never deal before.
I always leave the colour as it was, now I need to read what is what.
Also there is upscaling the resolution to 1080p.
Since I deal with encoding one of the basic rules I kept was to never magnify the video over original resolution.
Which provide the better look? Keep original resoultion and lcd-tv perform upscale or do it by avisynth?

Regards
szabi
szabi is offline   Reply With Quote