View Single Post
Old 14th August 2019, 21:03   #9  |  Link
FranceBB
Broadcast Encoder

Quote:
I did run analysis by MeGui and after it was completed AssumeFPS, ConvertBits() were added to the script.
I don't actually like MeGUI, as I do actually prefer to write the script myself using AVSPmod and then encode using x262 or x264 or x265 or ffmpeg.
You know, I like to know "what is doing what" and I don't really like when another software does something automatically for me and takes a decision on my behalf.

Quote:
I mentioned I am not script expert.
When I search avisynth best deinterlace the top result always qtgmc, that is why I use it. That is the reason SelectEven() is in script, search result did give it.
I always return to original framerate, never considered anything else.
QTGMC really is the best deinterlacer out there and it's better than tdeint and yadif, however it's really slow, that's why it took you 7 hours to encode it.
As to the original framerate, your source is 25i truly interlaced; think about it as the equivalent of 50fps progressive, so by using "SelectEven()" you are discarding half the temporal resolution and you're getting 25fps.
PAL is very simple, you basically have either 25fps progressive flagged as interlaced or 25i truly interlaced which is 50fps.
There are cases in which you have blended videos that are 25i but when you bob them you find out that they are blended, but that's not your case.
In your case, your file is 25i truly interlaced and I suggest you to bob-deinterlace it.
FranceBB is offline   Reply With Quote