View Single Post
Old 17th January 2017, 16:01   #1151  |  Link
geheim

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0lZ View Post
Note also that BD3D2MK3D offers also another way to be sure that the subtitles do not enter in the objects. When a movie is shot in Cinemascope format, it has large horizontal black borders. In the last tab, you can move the picture up in the screen, and if the bottom border is large enough, the subtitles will appear in that border, beneath the picture. That's not perfect, but it's less unpleasant than subtitles entering the objects. Anyway, it's not a solution when the video is not re-encoded.
I didn't know that, thanks for the info! Could be useful sometimes, many subtitles will be much nicer on the black bars!

Quote:
Hum, strange. Are you sure that the offset sequences are correctly referenced in the MPLS files? It is not sufficient to attach them to the MVC stream. It is also necessary to link the subtitle stream and the OFS together. You can verify if the links are correct with BD3D2MK3D, or with TSMuxeR (at least when it doesn't have the bug described in a previous post).
I can try that again in the next time. It was some time ago that I last tried .ofs with Scenarist and can't really remember if perhaps I did something wrong. I'll Report back once I could look into it again!

Quote:
But is it really interesting? What will be the benefit of replacing a 3D-Plane in an original MVC stream (supposed to contain already good 3D-Planes) with a constant depth? Without a full 3D-Subtitles editor, that doesn't make much sense.
Adding totally new SEI messages in the MVC stream is also a big challenge. I don't even know if it's the job of the MVC encoder, of the muxer or even of a dedicated application.
Well if we succeed in replacing SEI Messages we would first of all know if there are in deed some checksums applied etc. If just replacing the values works there are None This means we could insert constant depth values in movies which come without subtitle depth.
And then we could also look into inserting the SEI Messages to FRIM Encodes, which could be very useful, because every re-encode now has the Problem of missing depth for the subtitles...
So I think we could learn a bit from this.