View Single Post
Old 9th March 2016, 09:33   #840  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharc View Post
Note: The SAR for the hSBS must be set to --sar 1:1 or unspecified for undistorted 2D playback by the W10 Movie&TV app.
Thanks! That was also my conclusion. Apparently, all 3D formats (half and full) require SAR 1:1. When I did my tests, I have noticed too that Bino and Stereoscopic Player require it for Half-SBS. Sview, PotPlayer (in 3D mode) and SM Player ignore the SAR (and therefore accept 1:1 too).

Most 2D players obey the SAR and if you want to display the two views undistorted, it is necessary to use 2:1. It's a pity, because it is impossible to have the correct final AR in both 3D and 2D modes, but anyway, who want to play a SBS movie with the 2 images side by side, even if they are not distorted? And with SAR 1:1, it is still possible to display one view only with a good 3D player or with MPC-HC with a custom Pan & Scan setting.

Therefore, the next version of BD3D2MK3D will use SAR 1:1 in all cases. At least, it's very simple for me! :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by odyssey View Post
Apparently it had something to do with the extracted disc contents. I mounted the ISO, and it went through with no alerts and no problems. Encoded perfectly through the end!
Thanks for the info. It's interesting. BTW, finally, what tool did you use to mount the ISO?